We adore Laura Numeroff's "If You Give..." books about a Mouse, Moose and Pig who ask for favors and keep wanting more and more! It's so much fun to think about what would happen if you gave a mouse a cookie, took him to the movies, or even to school! This project, as well as the other projects in this series, will allow you and your kids to make food and other fun crafts based on Numeroff's books! Make this delicious-looking sandwich that can be built, rebuilt, and rearranged and have a fun sandwich-building experience again and again.
- Sewing needle
- 8 + Foam sheets
- Felt sheets: 2 light brown (2 pieces of bread), 1 dark brown (lunch meat), 1 red (Tomatoes), 1 green (Lettuce), 1 yellow (Cheese), 1 white (mayo)
- To make a piece of lettuce, fold a green sheet of felt in half.
- Cut a lettuce shape through both pieces and you'll end up with two identical pieces of lettuce.
- Now, take your foam sheet and trace the same lettuce shape on to it.
- Cut out the new foam shape and place it between the two pieces of felt.
- Stitch around the edge of the lettuce, through all the three layers (felt, foam, and felt).
Repeat steps 1-4 for the rest of your sandwich ingredients and you'll be ready to play!